[LRflex] lens advice

  • From: "Aram Langhans" <leica_r8@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2009 17:13:08 -0800

Having just returned from almost 8 weeks on the road, I think I would have liked a bit of a longer lens at times. Not so often that I want to invest a lot of money into the deal. I am looking at a 300/4ish manual focus lens that I can mate to my Canon Rebel XTi. I have been looking a bit at a Nikon 300/4.5 ED-IF and a Pentax screw mount 300/4. I see both listed in the $200-$300 dollar range. Might be do-able at this price.

I guess my requirements are pretty good optical performance, (maybe not R-quality) compactness and light weight. Any suggestions?

Aram