[LRflex] Re: leicareflex Digest V4 #27

  • From: "KEITH LONGMORE" <keith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 12:57:23 -0000

Hi Folks
Colin, you said:
        Linux is very useful but it doesn't have a nice consistent user
interface. Once I had my Mac I found myself using Linux less and less.  I
haven't used it at all for a year or two and don't miss it much at      all.

        And finally, I've been on the internet since 1986 and have witnessed
(not necessarily taken part in) many flame-wars (pointless arguments).
These are merely my opinions/observations on operating systems. If you
think they don't belong here - just ignore them and they will very      soon
go away :-)

        colin

        (somewhat grumpy because my knee is full of blood (post-operative)
and     hurts and it's finally snowed and I can't take any pictures, except
of      my toes, and I can't even develop those!)

I know Linux users (including an eminent professor of computing) who swear
by it for server applications, but swear at it for much else - a typical
comment is 'it's like going back to Windows 3.1'.

I've limited experience of Macs, but what I saw didn't impress me.
Generally, I've found XP Pro fairly stable - most issues have arisen due to
Microsoft getting its tentacles inside my machine.  If it works, leave well
alone!

And, Colin, speaking personally, I'm grumpy because I'm getting old! :-)
And like this morning, when I turned up at the Cottenham Camera Fair venue
to find that, although it was nationally advertised, it wasn't on.  A steady
stream of other people were probably just as happy as I was about it!  NOT
very funny when you have a 140 mile round trip for nothing.  Suffice it to
say that I doubt if I will risk going again.

Hope the knee recovers soon...
Keith Longmore