[LRflex] Re: leicareflex Digest V4 #158

  • From: KEITH LONGMORE <keith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 18:42:16 +0100

Philippe
That shot of the rose must be a once in a lifetime one - how on earth
did you get the dragonfly to pose like that?  (Can't have been free
nesting material from Doug's beard, surely?? ;-)  )

Aram:
I agree, because I think it is important to learn 'the hard way' before
going on to more sophisticated things.  That way you learn the reasons
for things, not just the 'how to'.  When I learned engineering, I had to
use a slide rule.  It made you think about the end result BEFORE you did
the calculation - not like using a calculator, and blindly accepting the
result no matter what, which is what many young engineers do today.  If
the computer gives an answer, it MUST be right, mustn't it?  The little
grey cells don't need to be used, if the computer is there, do they?

David:
I hope you really suffered from your flogging with a wet noodle!!
;-)            'End' result looks much better.  I think you had better
flog me with the wet noodle now!  I blamed the old Leica III for failing
to pull the film through.  'Twas the Russian take-up spool.....

Would someone please check that the second album address works?  If it
doesn't, go to 'Jump to album' and select it manually.  Cretan Life.

I spoke about Cretan drivers.  One of my colleagues went to Spain; he
actually did hit a lunatic Spanish driver head-on.  The Spaniard was
overtaking on a blind bend on a mountain road.  Fortunately both walked
away from the accident, though badly shaken.  Doesn't bear thinking
about....

iasou
Keith