[LRFlex] Re: leicareflex Digest V1 #85

  • From: "Bille Xavier F." <hot_billexf@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 02 Jul 2004 10:41:08 +0000

Ach! Quality Kontrol! The VW beetle were made better in those times.

Glad they took it back!

---------------------------------
Xavier F. BILLE
Maisons-Alfort - France.

From: Barney Kahn <thekahnman@xxxxxxxxx>
To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [LRFlex] Re: leicareflex Digest V1 #85
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2004 02:09:01 -0700 (PDT)

> From: "Bille Xavier F."

> Hello Barney.
>
> If the lens is new, it is of course rather strange.

>I would get an opinion from Leica, not just the
>dealer.
>Regards,
>Phil Stiles NH USA

Hi guys, Thanks for your concern and quick answers.
Just to let you know, I have received many responces
about the air bubbles situation.  Many had said that
it was normal, and I recently received an email back
from the sale rep from Leica that I met while picking
up my new lens.  She said very simply...

 "This is very normal for hand made glass."

However the story continues.  I thanked her for the
information and continued to say...

"There's another concern I have about the lens.  I
noticed a small area that is blue near the edge.  This
small blue area looks as if it's part of the metal
that can be seen near the edge and inside the glass.
It has a thin circular pattern that may be about 1/8th
of a inch long or less and curves in the same
direction of the lens barrel itself.  I can see it in
only one area of the lens.  It's hard to tell if the
blue area is in the way of the optics or not.  However
it does look to be on the inside of the front element.
 It's probably no concern for alarm though I will show
it to my local rep to see what he thinks when my new
Black R9 arrives."

I picked up my new Black R9 today!  At the same time I
had my local rep take a look at that small blue area
on my new lens.  He saw what I was talking about and
mentioned that blue area was probably due to the lens
coating and it appeares where the coating ends or
starts.  Anyway, he offered to have it sent back and
have another ordered for replacement.  I gladly
accepted!

So now I have my Black R9 without a lens.  Where as
earlier this week, I had the Lens without the camera
body.  No problem though as I'm not in a hurry.
Currently I'll be mainly using the Leica setup for
photo classes at SCC that start near the end of Aug.