[LRflex] Re: leica guy...

  • From: Steve Barbour <kididdoc@xxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2008 08:25:52 -0700

On Sep 25, 2008, at 10:04 PM, Andy Wagner wrote:

Careful Ted
with the way things are going around my place I could end up in your neck of the woods. I ended up in PHX on less than a weeks notice.

But seriously as I've conveyed to Doug, Dave and Steve-- this is a one of a kind group- we are surrounded by unbelievable talent. While we are all passionate about our Leicas we do recognize the fact that it is not the camera that makes the photographer it is the guy behind the camera that makes the photographer. Those that have the talent are willing to share their knowledge to make us all better. All C&C's that I've read on this list were of the constructive type and given with heart and with the exception of one or two members who have since left the list this is a jovial little zoo that I am very proud to be a part of.

There are some on this list that I seriously consider the best out there. While Steve and I were talking I tried to remember the name of this one shooter that publishes in "Outdoor Photog" for the life of me I couldn' think of his nameat the time. It was Moose Patterson. I like his shots don't get me wrong he's good, but I'll match Doug Herr's shots to his any day. And the best part about Doug is he's not trying to sell you a piece of equiptment as a "must have" in order to get that one special shot. Same goes for Steve, Dave and to many others to mention; all on this list. (Ted your in a class by youself) Face it Ted the 'Kiss" philosophy does work. The hardest part is honing your personal skills to the level you expect of yourself. And that is something no piece of equiptment can give you. It is aquired by critiques from your peers and this list is willing to give honest constructive critiques. What more can; I say we are all surrounded by friends albeit there is just a bit of milage seperating us.

so KISS , we get the job done, but we are smart enough not to give all the credit to the equipment...we just love using it.

Like hammering in a nail with our favorite hammer...instead of a brick. So onwards, photos first, and maybe a get together in our

future in some rewarding and sublime spot.

Steve

Regards
YXAndy