[LRflex] Re: irene maria + hands on

  • From: William Abbott <wbabbott3@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2007 16:16:51 -0700

Steve,

Last night I watched a DVD from NetFlix called *Richard Avedon;
Darkness and Light,* about an hour-and-a-half program that was on TV
in 1996 on the Public Broadcasting American Masters Series.

It didn't say anything about his intro to photography, taking ID
pictures, but starts with his fashion photography and ends with about
half the program on his iconic portraits. Among other things, he says
that "art" is supposed to "disturb" the viewer and "make you think"
and I thought of my reactions to your b&w portraits from the hospital
when I heard that view.

That is exactly what your pictures do for me, they disturb me and
make me think, and for that I am grateful.

You might enjoy watching Avedon at work and seeing some of his
memorable pictures.

All the best,

Bill

On Jun 6, 2007, at 5:52 AM, Steve Barbour wrote:

On Jun 6, 2007, at 12:27 AM, LEICAFLEX wrote:

> Hi Steve,
> Wishing a stable and successful post-op outcome for your patient with
> that wonderful smile.....
> Also congrats on a wonderfully touching photo for that neonate with
> the protective hand hovering above.
> Shalom,
> Eric
> p.s. have a great trip to Navajo country afterwards!

thank you Eric...Steve