[LRflex] Re: get down on your knees...

  • From: Steve Barbour <kididdoc@xxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2009 08:45:24 -0700

On Jan 16, 2009, at 5:10 PM, Ted Grant wrote:

Steve Barbour showed:
Subject: [LRflex] get down on your knees...
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/barbour/PAW+2009/dane.jpg.html<<<

Hi Steve,
Having looked at this photo in both colour and B&W, as much as I like colour, I much prefer the B&W. WHY? Well in colour the colours are so powerful they almost override looking at the dog. And I don’t think you see as much “hair detail”, if that matters, in the hair on the head.

I know folks are always going on about detail in whatever surface, but it seems very noticeable here in colour.

In B&W you’ve retained detail and I think it kind of finishes off the picture quality if nothing else. No question it’s a “great Dane” photo from the low angle. Interesting as you must have been lying on your belly or as you say… “down on your knees!” Sure increases the strength and look of the dog. But if by chance he decided to snap yer head off? OOPS!!!!!! J

Having said that, I know you’ll come back with, “this dog is as gentle as a puppy.” J

thanks Ted.... of course you are right, me too I like the bw...and for the exact reasons you say...

yes, I have low knees, my camera was virtually on the ground...at my feet...shooting blind,

and oh, that dog is a big puppy, not to worry,

thanks,

Steve

ted