[LRflex] Re: empty....

  • From: <tedgrant@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 09:18:43 -0700

> > http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/barbour/PAW2010/alzheimers-dis.jpg.html
> > <<

Steve,
Such a powerful descriptive photograph with your title!  "Empty!" What else
could one say?

Your titles as you've posted the series are creating an extremely powerful
set of photographs illustrating this horrid life situation. But most
important ..... "You have been capturing beautiful faces!" An incredible
range of emotions in the faces and feelings of the viewers.

To try and explain this series to an editor before you have a collection to
illustrate what you had in mind, the editor would surely have had you
committed! I don't think anyone would ever have thought these unfortunate
folks would have the beautiful faces and expressions they do as you've
illustrated. That is until you began to shoot and collect them.

If you continue I believe without question you'll have an extremely powerful
book in the end. Quite probably of great interest to the American Mental
Health organizations.

It truly is a series to continue with for sure. As emotionally difficult as
it is! :-(

ted