[LRflex] Re: childhood, so....this, or this...?

  • From: Steve Barbour <kididdoc@xxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2009 16:45:15 -0700

On Mar 29, 2009, at 4:06 PM, Charlie Falke wrote:

Steve Barbour wrote:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/barbour/PAW+2009/girlflowerbird.jpg.html

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/barbour/PAW+2009/crop.jpg.html

and old image, pre photoshop, I've lived with the bird for 40 years...

so, now,  what do you think?

thanks,

Steve
Steve,
   I still like it with the bird.
I suspected it was vintage because in that time everybody
shot Tri-X and processed it in D-76 or HC-110, and was
used to the grain.  Of course in a photo like that the
grain interferes not at all.  I used to obsess over grain
and used Microdol with great care, much of the time for
no reason. :-)
   Thanks again for posting it.

my pleasure Charlie, and I thank you for your thoughts...

I am glad I did as it provoked some very surprising dialog, and I feel that I learned an awful lot,

much more than I expected,

Steve
--
Charlie Falke                                         _____      /\
"One test result is worth                        |    |/        `o
  one thousand expert opinions" - Wernher Von Braun   0  N4003M
"Imagination is more important than knowledge" - Albert Einstein