[LRflex] Re: a 4/3 sensor to match the 36mm size? (corrected version)

  • From: David Young <telyt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2007 14:34:56 -0800

In my earlier post, I missed a phrase...

The paragraph should have read:

The 27mm distance is well within the image circle of current "R" lenses (for they must cover the diagonal of the 35mm frame), thus making it possible for Leica to keep current customers happy, while attracting new pros to the "ideal format" in a 35mm-ish sized camera.

It's an interesting idea, Xavier. One well worth conjecture, for it would easily explain all the seemingly conflicting statements Leica have made about sensor size being "larger than full frame", in the coming R10!