[LRflex] Re: Yet another pano...

  • From: David Young <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2011 08:44:17 -0700

> Hello David,
>

> Squamish is a lovely place from my fading memory, light is either
> cloudy dull or too brilliant and contrasty with a turquoise blue sea.
>

> A great job done with the 12 pix: have you used a tripod with angle
> markings?

G'Mornin' Xavier!

Some months ago, I purchased a new, Korean-made ball head  via TheBay. While
it's not the quality of a  "Really-Right-Stuff" ball-head, it is light-weight,
and very nicely made; yet sufficient to hold my E3 with 400 6.8 Telyt with
ease.

Besides, it fit my budget (US$50) a0nd is remarkably smooth.  Much smaller, and
nicer to use than my old Manfrotto "tilt & pan" head.  Naturally, it has quite
nicely engraved angle markings.

Surprisingly, every time I've used the marking, the images seem not to align...
not the fault of the tripod head, but rather of my use of the markings.  So,
now the Mt. Robson pano and this one, I simply eyeball things in the finder to
ensure sufficient overlap.  Seems to work great!

You are right about the light in Squamish, and so I was pleased that that June
day was fairly overcast.

>> C&C welcomed, as always.

Thanks for taking the time to look!

David.