[LRflex] Wishing you Super Holidays of the Angulon kind, 21mm to be precise......

  • From: LEICAFLEX <leicaflex@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2006 07:29:21 -0800

Hi everyone,
I've really enjoyed this ultimate forum of Leica-R aficionados online
- including the occasional forays into the Leica-M world in the spirit
of capturing what's happening with Leica.  Thanks for all your
inspiration and encouragement, and for sharing your shots with the
list.
Here sre some experiments with the Super Angulon-R 21/4 mounted on a
Canon 20D using a pretty well made adapter (Tagotech, Singapore) that
has a focus confirmation chip (* see bottom note).

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ecky/sets/72157594435414115/

At any rate, these shots were mostly made using time exposures, with
only the last two made with flash.  I propped the camera with elbows
on parked cars or my own car window sill.....some were handheld and
held my breath while waiting for the self-timer to trigger ;-) !
Using the self-timer really helped to reduce shake, and it works for
this kind of static scenes in the absence of OIS.

Well, another year is wrappingup, and I hope that you get some nice
photo-ops these coming days, as well as some happy surprises that come
with a red dot under the Christmas tree tomorrow!!!

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!
Eric Chan
San Carlos, California

(*) While this chip allows E-TTL too, note that the EXIF data
regarding lens type and f-stop 'hangs' at some incorrect values.