[LRFlex] Re: Wild Turkey

  • From: Doug Herr <telyt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2005 22:51:14 -0800

on 2/20/05 10:39 PM, David Young at dnr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> At 2/20/2005, you wrote:
>
>> Turkeys and Telyts again...
>>
>> http://www.wildlightphoto.com/birds/meleagridae/witu15.jpg
>>
>> This particular bird tested the near-focus limit of the 280mm f/2.8
>> APO-Telyt graciously loaned to me by a fellow Leica user while my own 280 is
>> in the hospital.  He tested the camera, lens, tripod and photographer for
>> flavor while I kept sensetive parts away from his inquisitive beak.
>>
>> Technical stuff: Leica R-E, Leica 280mm f/2.8 APO-Telyt-R, E100G film.
>

> Hi Doug!
>
> Another superb shot!
>
> Where do you find wild turkeys? I always thought they were a rather shy
> bird. No?

Thanks for looking, David.  The turkeys are in the floodplain of the
American River flowing through Sacramento County.  This part of the
floodplain has walking trails and a golf course so the turkeys are
accustomed to seeing non-violent people.  This particular bird was so
accustomed to people that the minimum focus distance was an issue.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

    www.horizon.bc.ca/~dnr/lrflex.htm