[LRflex] Re: Whitby

  • From: Douglas Sharp <douglas.sharp@xxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 18:56:40 +0200

Thanks for taking a look Keith,
the real Yorkshire lass was one of the skinnier ones we saw - I'm an almost 6 foot and 220 pounds but I always feel thin in Whitby We left the Abbey out this year - the 78 steps up to our flat were enough without doing the 199 to the Abbey, I must delve into my archives and seek something out too. Looking forward to seeing yours too.
Cheers
Douglas

KEITH LONGMORE wrote:
Hi Doug
My God, Whitby's changed a bit since I was last there, about 30 years ago! I think the locals were probably more uncomfortable at being associated with Dracula than exploiting him in those days!

The lady at the chip shop - now there's a REAL Yorkshire lass!!! ;-)

I loved the dog looking up at its owner on the Goth shot. That would make a picture on its own. (with owner, of course)

Did you go to the Abbey? And to the sailors church? If not, I'll have to try to dig some old photos out...

Cheers and thanks for sharing
Keith