[LRflex] Re: Was a bunch of stuff, black fabric

  • From: Douglas Herr <telyt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2006 19:16:06 -0800

On Nov 26, 2006, at 7:06 PM, Aram Langhans wrote:

> I do not think there is any reason to believe that just because an
> object is
> black it behaves the same as far as absorbing or reflecting in the IR
> range.
>   Some materials may be very good at absorbing visible and IR, and
> others
> only visible.

I suspect that the IR issue seems to affect black colors more than
others is that the IR contamination of other colors is overshadowed by
the visible wavelengths they reflect.  Black, defined as a lack of
reflections in the visible part of the spectrum, will show any IR
reflections much more than an object that is reflecting a significant
portion of the visible spectrum.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com