[LRflex] Was: Concentration, Now: Philosophy

  • From: David Young <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 10:41:05 -0700

Bill wrote:

Your time away from your monopod and our feathered friends has certainly
been fruitful!

Hi Bill!

Thanks. Although I prefer wildlife work, to most other kinds ... I believe that every photographer should take every opportunity presented, if only to gain experience in how *not* to do it! For this is the way we all grow.

The other day, when I was heading out to shoot the "Big Bird" model airplane meet, I phoned a friend of mine (and the only other wildlife shooter in town) to ask if he'd like to join me. To my surprise, he said "no". He'd join me, he said, with pleasure; if I were heading to a lake for meadow, for some wildlife shots, but not for anything else!

I went on my own, had a grand time, and got some good shots ... a few of which were earlier posted to this list. But I felt he missed a great opportunity to further his craft.

Rather sad, actually.

Best regards,
David.