[LRflex] Re: Was: Comparison of M8 Photos in Infra-Red - is now "rubbish?"

  • From: "Dave Saalsaa" <dsaalsaa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 15:31:49 -0600

You can wonder why tradition and custom developed. It is fine with me. ;-)
As Colin said, there are many people in the desert heat wearing light
colored clothing.  In tradition, many of the women seem to wear black.  Are
the women less affected by the heat?  Most likely not but I would suggest
that religious edict may  have more to do with this than function.  Possibly
Tina might have some insight into this as I am certainly no  expert on the
folkways of the indigenous desert peoples of the Sahara.

Dave