[LRflex] Re: Walkin' Tall :-(

  • From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@xxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 06 May 2008 13:24:34 -0700

David, :-(

The picture is there but not there! :-(

Well sort of, as you should've flipped the camera into a vertical shooting
position and captured the full reflection in the water and not chopped off
as we see here.

"Yep I can understand you like it!" But you also said negatively:

" I think this is the weakest of the 3 Heron's"

Now think about that for a moment. First you post three drop dead amazing
Heron photos that everyone is getting wet knickers because they're so good!

So because you "like it" you post a photo nowhere near the quality of the
others! This illustrates bad "EDITING!" Like it or not!

I've said many times, editing ones own photographs is the toughest thing for
all of us and it doesn't get any easier over the years.

You created a "doubt factor" in the written introduction and you've got to
remember what sorts out the really good guys from the "yeah he's kind of OK
guys" is. If in doubt, "OUT!"

It's no where near the quality of the others. If anything side by each this
one doesn't even rate in comparison!

This is a mild slap on the hand simply because you produce excellent
wildlife photos and we as admirers don't expect to see your image tarnished
simply because you posted a ."shouldn't be posted photo just because you
like it." And yet told us negatively it wasn't as good. That's your own
doubt factor and you didn't listen to it! :-(

Consider this a small slap on the wrist or next time you'll have to stay
after school. :-)

ted