[LRflex] [Vario-Elmarit - My first shots

  • From: Philippe Amard <phamard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 20:19:46 +0100

Hi list,
I turned a senior last week and was offered a new camera by family and
friends.
(David was in the know, I wasn't :-D ).
One more camera to carry around?
Yes, but digital this time!
No DMR, no R10, ...
a Lumix. :-[
A Lumix, with a Leica zoom lense 8-) .

My first impression of the Pana camera is NOT negative AT ALL, even
though I know feel my age when perusing the booklet and running through
the menus - some will know the feeling I'm sure ;-)

I haven't had time to discover much, but the camera feel is friendly
enough to invite a Leica fan to go further, much further.

What I like best? the lense of course.
My second best? the on/off switch, located as on the R3. Remember how
easy to operate it was?
Plenty more of course, but I don't want to bore you, yet.

Just for you to have an opinion I've posted two pixes (should I say
bunches of pixels?) at this address.
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/d/62475-1/Lumix-Thanks.jpg>
N°1 is a crop of n°2.
I'm not pretending either is any good, far from it. But for anyone
willing to see what the Vario-Elmarit can do, this is a starting point.

Comments, suggestions, advice and questions more welcome than ever.

Yours
Phileicangemix