[LRflex] Unix, the Gimp, the Raw images manager, a couple of thoughts

  • From: Bille Xavier F. <hot_billexf@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2010 22:43:45 +0100

Hello

Recently, on a laptop, I have tried te latest copy of the Unix Ubuntu.

This operating system offers a buck load of application among which some are
able to read the Digilux Raw Images.

There are some simple controls and a development process quite fairly easy.

Indeed, the GIMP software offers a lot of controls. most are like a painter
application.

When you think hat all is offered for free, it's really nice.

But, pardon me, I seem old fashion but the software Silkypix seems richer
although not free.

Linux is really a great system for developpers and genius.

I have not explored all the software (some free, some with paid licence) but it
seems promising.

Just I cannot understad how the color profile are managed under Linux. Who can
light up my candle?

Cheers.

Xavier F. BILLE
Maisons-Alfort - France.