[LRflex] Thelma Fayle & Dr. Ted

  • From: David Young <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: LRflex <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2013 17:32:43 -0700

Dr. Ted, we know.

Thelma Fayle is an author, who's written a biography of Dr. Ted, entitled TED
GRANT: Sixty Years Legendary Photojournalism and I gather it will be be
available Monday, Oct 28th.

The book launch will be Sunday, Oct. 27th, at UVic, with both there and signing
books.  All are welcome - though if you are in Victoria and plan to attend, you
might want to drop Dr. Ted a note, as I do not have the exact location & times.

It is listed, right now, on Amazon.ca, (with a short preview) in both hardcover
and kindle editions.

See:
http://www.amazon.ca/Ted-Grant-Sixty-Legendary-Photojournalism/dp/1927527341
or
http://tinyurl.com/mqhfkfh

Or get it/order it through your local bookseller.

Ted tells me that "Without question this book is absolutely amazing for
reproduction quality. I think some of the photographs look better in the book
than my prints."

Apparently, even the reproductions in the kindle edition, are "surprisingly
well done"

I already have my order in for the printed edition. (Sorry we couldn't make it,
Ted!)

EVEN BETTER!

The book will be launched in the US, on April 24th, 2014 simultaneously with
the opening of "Ted Grant, a 60 year Retrospective".  The exhibition (and, I
suspect sale) will run for 4 months at New York's Leica Gallery.

If you are in or near New York, or will be in the area, all are welcome at the
US book launch and opening.  Check with the Leica Gallery for exact times, etc.

As Ted said:  "Quite frankly I never thought a Leica Gallery hanging in New
York would ever happen in my 60 plus years shooting career! And here we are
recognized in real life after all!:-) Kind of makes a guy feel real good!! :-)
 I think I'll go pour myself a wee dram or two!:-)"

IF you can't make the opening ... buy the book.  I'm pretty sure you won't be
disappointed!

David.