[LRflex] Re: The Osprey

  • From: "Ted Grant" <tedgrant@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2008 09:11:12 -0700

David Young showed:

Subject: The Osprey

When I posted my shot of the Whitetail doe, the other day, I

mentioned that I'd seen her while walking towards an Osprey nest.

Ospreys tend to build their nests in the open tops of large

trees.  Power transmission poles, because of their high, open tops, are also
favourites.

Here is one of the parents, about to land with some nesting material, to
replace that tossed "overboard", by the young one.

http://www.furnfeather.net/Temps/Osprey.htm<<<<<<<

Hi David,

BEAUTY!!!!! RIGHT BETWEEN THE EYES! J

I can't imagine it being any better given your shooting position and height
to bird.

Well done, good on you! Right timing, right exposure, right click!

ted