[LRflex] Re: The Macao Jetfoil with the 90 Summicron APO (and M8) compared with the 180 Telyt APO (D700)

  • From: AMARD philippe <philippe.amard@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 08 May 2009 12:24:00 +0200

Hi HOward,

I think both offer outstanding image quality. Yet the light being so different, as well as the background, I'd say it is very difficult to asses the intrinsic qualities of the gears.

What I prefer in the D700 shot is the detail of the wake, and exhaut water, and the reflexion on the top/nose/bow of the vessel.
But what strikes me most is the ability of the M8 to get the turbulence resulting from the funnels at the back; amazing is the word. At the same time, I fear for the planet ...

Thanks for experimenting and posting results for us to see.

Amitiés from inland Strasbourg
Philippe