[LRflex] Re: Tale of Two Telyts Part Deax - The Evil Twin

  • From: bob palmieri <rpalmier@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2006 10:56:41 -0500

> Hi Bob!
>
> First of all, let me say that the first shots you showed with the 400
> were absolutely excellent!
>
> Secondly, I get the same problems with my 400 Telyt... though I seem
> to have it more often since I switched to digital.  This may,
> however, have a lot to do with taking a lot more shots once I had the
> digital!  Like you, I've seen it on film, as well.
>
> It seems to occur mostly in areas of high contrast.
>
> What bothers me most, is that various programs (PS-CS2, Silkypix and
> others) all have a method built in to combat this.... but while they
> will all reduce the CA problem a bit, none will cure it.
>
> Anybody out there have a cure or know the exact cause?
>
> Now, two enquiring minds want to know!

David -

Thanks for your generous comments regarding the birdsnaps. By the way,
the tightly-cropped shots of Emily & Nathan are the sort of thing that,
if viewed by more family snappers, would instantly improve their
results in this genre.

Regarding the lens thing I also like your practical approach of "OK...
whadda we do to make it better?"

Bob Palmieri