[LRflex] Re: Sunday walk - things that go crunch in the night

  • From: David Young <telyt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2006 08:07:58 -0800

Douglas Sharp showed:

>Here are some freeze-dried reeds
>http://gallery.leica-users.org/New-Old-Pictures/MG_3504_edited_2
>
>In the wake of the ice-breaker
>http://gallery.leica-users.org/New-Old-Pictures/MG_3500_edited_2
>
>Some ice floes with ducks and seagulls
>http://gallery.leica-users.org/New-Old-Pictures/MG_3500_edited_2
>
>And a small, fat cold Dachshund
>http://gallery.leica-users.org/New-Old-Pictures/MG_3493_edited_2

G'Mornin' Douglas!

Wow!

First of all, I am surprised. I didn't know that they used icebreakers=20
on the canals... not that they shouldn't...  just that I'd never thought =

about it!

Secondly, here, in the "Frozen North", high in the mountains, the=20
weather has been extraordinarily mild... yesterday was +8=B0 (46=B0 F to =
our=20
American friends) and today it is only  -4=B0, at 8 AM.  Should go to=20
well  above zero, by noon or so.  People are walking around in light=20
jackets... a few are even in short sleeved shirts!

Third... All three are very nice shots... though I like the first, the=20
best of the lot.

One question... how come the second and third shots are the same?  Just=20
curious!

Cheers!

--=20
David Young,