[LRFlex] Re: Steam season??

  • From: "Douglas M. Sharp" <DouglasMSharp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 14:26:13 +0200

Hi Xavier,
try googling steam events calendar you'll pick up dozens of events all over the place.
Unfortunately I'll be missing the Pickering Traction Engine Rally this year, this is one of the biggest and best in the UK.

Pickering is in the North Yorkshire Moors area between York and Scarborough and is also the terminus of the
North Yorkshire Moors Railway which runs regular steam pulled trains from Grosmont, near the coast at Whitby,
and Pickering, the trains on this line are often used in films (eg Harry Potter) and TV series (eg Heartbeat).

For railway fans - "do" the National Railway Museum in York and then take the bus from the front of the station
(destination Scarborough) and get off in Pickering, a pretty market town with a castle, some very good pubs (and the Station).

We are on holiday in Whitby for 3 weeks in July, so I'll be in Grosmont (sounds French doesn't it) for the Vintage Vehicle weekend,
17th and 18th July, and travelling the line from there through to Pickering with a stop in Goathland which is a wondeful old fashioned
station and a great place for photography.

Douglas

Bille Xavier F. schrieb:

Douglas,

It reminds me the good time I spent in UK wandering in the cattle fair show and other Steam Rally.

In wales, they have many. Could you point to a internet ressource to find out the dates and places?

G'Day.

---------------------------------
Xavier F. BILLE
Maisons-Alfort - France.

From: "Douglas M. Sharp" <DouglasMSharp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: LEG <leica@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,Leica Users Group <lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,LeicaReflex <LeicaReflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, LUC <luc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,MUG <MUGers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [LRFlex] The sun is out...........
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2004 10:18:21 +0200

...............and so are the street musicians and buskers.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/New-Old-Pictures/john_dory
http://gallery.leica-users.org/New-Old-Pictures/Street_music1
http://gallery.leica-users.org/New-Old-Pictures/street_music2
http://gallery.leica-users.org/New-Old-Pictures/towncrier

The steam season is starting too,can't wait to be back in the UK again for 3 weeks in July.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/New-Old-Pictures/King_Carnival

Douglas

Ihre bevorzugten Shops, hilfreiche Einkaufs-Hilfen und großartige Geschenk Ideen. Erleben Sie das Vergnügen online einzukaufen mit Shop@Netscape! http://shopping.netscape.de/shopping/