[LRflex] Re: Singin the Magenta DisplayMunki Blues

  • From: Aram Langhans <leica_r8@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2012 18:45:33 -0700

Here is some software that I use with my Spyder 3 to determine how accurate
the profile actually is.
http://www.homecinema-fr.com/colorimetre-hcfr/hcfr-colormeter/

Still trying to figure out all the ins and outs of it.  It does not build a
profile, but lets you use the monitor controls to calibrate it close to
ideal before you build the profile with the hardware.  I think I remember
seeing that it will use the color munki, but I am not sure.  I do not have
it installed on my laptop, and I will not be home until mid to late May

Here is a review and lots if information about the U2410.  It is an
interesting article.

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/dell_u2410.htm

The pink tint is not a matter of the profile, but rather a known problem
with some of the Dell U2410 monitors, and it is not even across the screen.
I would think a profile would take care of this, but if it is not even, then
maybe not, as the sensor can't correct what it does not see.

Aram