[LRflex] Silkypix OSX installer - snafu

  • From: Andrew Nemeth <azn@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 05:42:23 +1000
On 10 May 2006, at 16:01, "David Young" wrote:

> For those of you using Silkypix, Version: 2.0.18.0 was released
> today, and is available for (PC & MAC) download at:
>
>   http://www.isl.co.jp/SILKYPIX/english/download/

FWIW this is the second time I've downloaded the 12.2 MB MacOSX
installer.

It won't work if you try to extract it with Stuffit Expander.  The
"tar.gz" file won't unpack properly, so you can't get at the installer.

You have to do it by brute force instead.  Fire up the OSX Terminal
utility, cd to the directory where the "tar.gz" file is located, and
type:

tar -zxvf SILKYPIX2.0.18.en.pkg.tar.gz

_Now_ it will unpack properly!

What a pain.  Why don't they just ".zip" compress their download like
everyone else?...

Regds,

Andrew N.
<http://nemeng.com>