[LRflex] ShauKeiWan Photo walkabout

  • From: H&ECummer <cummer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2013 17:08:27 +0800

Hi Flexers,
I met up again with Greg and Austin and we were joined by Kafu and went to the
Shau Kei Wan market for another photo walkabout.
The Olympus E - M1 has a feature where you can set the camera up so that with
the rear screen tilted up where you touch on the
screen focuses what the camera sees at that touched point and when focus is
achieved the camera trips the shutter. This happens very quickly and means you
can take photos without holding the camera away from you to see the rear screen
or bring the EVF up to your eye. It also means that subjects are not sure
whether or not you are taking a picture. All of the pictures here were taken
with the M1 and the Olympus 12 - 40 f2.8 Pro lens.
Several samples using this technique are in the following folder containing 10
photos - especially showing Kafu and Greg in action. Here's the first one and
then shift to the right for the rest. Please look large.

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/ShauKeiwan/NoEntryw.jpg.html>

http://tinyurl.com/ljbktnp

C&C always welcome.
Cheers