[LRFlex] Re: San Diego highlights

  • From: "andy Wagner" <yxandy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 21:17:08 -0500

Steve
sorry about the delay--busy weekend again-- but I will have to get back to San Diego, last time I was there all I saw was the back end of the airport where the fence seperated it from MCRD. Never had the chance to do any touring there. I'll put it on my list of must see places

From: "Steven Rosenthal" <steverose108@xxxxxxx>
To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [LRFlex] San Diego highlights
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 08:15:15 -0700

HI Andy. I go past there once a week, Vietnam Veterans of San Diego (VVSD)
has a large rehab/ recovery center for homeless vets along Pacific Hwy.
there, just below MCRD...in a former motel property someone gave them a
while back. Now they are really expanding, it is nice to see their effort
has broad support and funding from the city. It helps that this is such a
Navy town I guess. I go once a week to do a volunteer shift (acupuncture for
drug rehab. detox and general medicine)

Asa you know there are some things worth photographing around here, Balboa
park etc., ships at the harbor. I do get tired of shooting the same places
over and over, but on the other hand I have gained a real appreciation of
what different lenses can do in this way... I have a shot of the fishpond at
the park showing peoples' reflection in the water and all the 'gingerbread'
or fancy stucco faces on the Spanish style buildings, shot with a CZ Planar
on a Hasselblad, that is kind of my reference standard... some of the 35mm
Leica shots come close, also the Minolta Autocord and many view cam lenses
beat the tar out of it, especially the Kodak Ektars of the late
1940s...Tessar types.

Yours, Steven.

    www.horizon.bc.ca/~dnr/lrflex.htm

Regards