[LRflex] Re: S2 review

  • From: "wildlightphoto@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wildlightphoto@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 17:16:56 -0500

Neil Gould wrote:

> Hi Doug,
>
>> Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 08:40:47 -0500 (EST)
>> From: Doug Herr <wildlightphoto@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>>
>> http://dfarkas.blogspot.com/
>>
>> Doug Herr
>> Birdman of Sacramento
>> http://www.wildlightphoto.com
>>

> Well, if Farkas' enthusiasm can be trusted, the S2 is
> probably the best digital camera in the world! His
> description of the new lenses made me drool. If only I had a
> few buildings I could sell to buy one...

His enthusiasm seems a little over-the top but perhaps if I had first-hand
experience with the camera I'd be as enthusuatic.  Supposedly the 350mm
f/3.5 APO-Elmar-S is derived from the 280mm f/4 APO-Telyt-R design... if
the other S lenses are as good as the 280 APO I can understand Farkas'
excitement.  APO-Telyt performance, a big sensor and manageable size/weight
leaves only one problem: the price!

Doug Herr
Biordman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com