[LRflex] Repost : propagating rumors or an idea?

  • From: Bille Xavier F. <hot_billexf@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2012 13:43:01 +0200

Hello again Flexers.  In this post from 43 rumors
:http://www.43rumors.com/reminder-two-four-thirds-cameras-we-will-never-see/#comments
 It is probably cold information but I read one idea from it, it's a concept I
would probably like to see in a Reflex. To be honnest with you, I'm not
convinced by the EVF (Electronic View Finder), probably because of my eyesight.
The Digilux3 is not perfect, the E5 is great and there are some Nikon I tried
at the FNAC (France stores) which are great  Why not having a optical Reflex
viewfinder with some internal surimposed  information? Of course, this could be
possible for an E5+ type of camera with a mirror.It could be possible in a
Lumix L1+ with a Porro type, side flipping mirror The benefits?a) press display
and all info is gone, you have a clean viewfinder like a LeicaFlexb) press
display and choose what clogs out your view (AF collimators, horizon grid,
histogramm, basic speed/aperture, exposure, white balance ,DOF simulated a
circle showing the exposure, etc).  But, it is _optical_ rather than
electronic. All it needs is a kind of lifght amplifier trough the view finder
to avoid the tunnel effect. The eye piece needs to be as big as a Cyclops eye,
a high "high point"! A big question: Will it sale? Given the great success of
the Fuji X serie, my vote goes for "yes". And the good 4/3 lenses are
affordable and the camera body brings up something "new". But the 4/3 is
probably dying already, too bad because the olympus E-M5 sensor seems rather
good. FWIW.

From : Xavier F. BILLE
mail : hot_billexf@xxxxxxxxxxx
Maisons Alfort - France