[LRflex] Re: R4S

  • From: Dave Tang <electricblues31@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2009 20:33:23 +0800

yeah mine's not cheap but it's from this guy's dad collection. The first 2 lens
I bought from him are really mint, so I trust this guy.  His dad was an avid
mountainer but passed away abt 20 yrs ago n left behind a huge collection of
Leica gears.

> Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2009 05:01:51 -0700
> From: speleo_karst@xxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [LRflex] Re: R4S
> To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> The only real reason I replaced my R4S with an R4 is that manual exposure is
> a bit fiddly (you don't see the set manual speeds in the viewfinder).
>
> While also shutter priority automatism can be useful, with my lenses and
> needs I've never actually used it...
>
> Try to get a later (R5 and later) focusing screen for it: They're brighter.
>
> (BTW: My R4S is still on sale for much less than you paid, but in Europe).

Share your memories online with anyone you want.
http://www.microsoft.com/singapore/windows/windowslive/products/photos-share.aspx?tab=1