[LRflex] Re: R vs. M - was Newbie Introduction

  • From: Charlie Falke <chfalke@xxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 15:12:55 -0400

On 3/31/2010 2:38 PM, Robert Lilley wrote:
> Thank you all for such a rousing welcome!  The predominate phrase I hit upon
> was "lovers of Leica glass".  This is why I purchased an R4 rather than a
> Nikon, etc.  My best pictures were always with a Summicron or Summitar lens -
> even the old uncoated 3.5 50cm Elmar on my old Leica IID gave consistently
> good results.   But I just gotta beg the

Rob,
    What you will find out is that there are both jewels and duds
in both R and M mount, and a few are the same glass exactly.
    A great thing about this list is that here you will find
examples posted backing up what is only herding opinion in a
lot of other venues.

--
  Charlie Falke                                        _____      /\
  "One test result is worth                       |    |/        `o
    one thousand expert opinions" - Wernher Von Braun  0  N4003M
  "Imagination is more important than knowledge" - Albert Einstein