[LRflex] R lenses rebayoneted for Nikon

  • From: H&ECummer <cummer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 18:06:01 +0800

From: Steve Barbour <kididdoc@xxxxxxx>
Subject: [LRflex] Re: Telephoto R lenses on the Panasonic G1 - metering
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 15:19:27 -0700

On Jan 20, 2009, at 11:38 AM, William B. Abbott III wrote:

On Jan 20, 2009, at 12:06 AM, H&ECummer wrote:

I am especially interested on how my R19mm Elmarit (type 1) will
perform on my full frame Nikon  D700.

Howard,

So am I, I'd love to have my 19mm Elmarit back in full force. The
D700 is increasingly looking like the replacement for my R9/DMR and
my patience is getting pretty thin these days.

what is the latest on the R10?  and is there any update planned for
the Nikon D700...

Steve,
Maike Harberts at Photokina told me that as soon as the S2 was launched she would be working on the R10 and that the technology from the S2 would trickle down to the R10. So far haven't seem any launch date for the S2 so in Leica time the R10 arrival may be advancing into the future. I am already nearly 66 and don't know if I want to wait too much longer for an effective single unit digital SLR platform for R lenses. Hence my decision to rebayonet (new word!) my R lenses to N bayonets. I am sure there will be an update of the D700 in another year or so - at the latest - that is the product cycle timing for Japanese digital cameras and I would guess that the big change will be a greater pixel CCD. I am not sure I am interested in that upgrade because more pixels means more noise at higher ISO - all other things being equal - and I
LOVE the high ISO low noise performance of the D700.

as I have thought about that recently  too,

I hope to give you more food for thought shortly,
Cheers
Howard

Steve