[LRflex] Re: R Lenses on M system, any users?

  • From: David Young <telyt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 07:16:20 -0700

Noel  Yates wrote:

> >Xavier asked about R leses on M cameras.
>
>My Novoflex R to M adaptor (bought in 1999) has no rangefinder
>coupling but I use it only with my 21 and 24mm lenses and set
>distance by scale.   I use a Kobanon 21mm viewfinder, which is adequate.

Xavier suggests that the Kindai Leica R - Leica M adaptor (from
FleaBay ... I like that!)  "preserves rangefinder coupling".  What
I'd like to know, is how?  After all, R lenses have no coupling cam
for distance setting of any kind, and they do not move consistently,
as a rangefinder lens must. Any R to M adapter I've ever seen (or
even heard of)  uses scale focusing only.

IF they do it,  HOW do they do it?

Personal Web-site at: http://www3.telus.net/~telyt
Limited Edition Prints at: http://www3.telus.net/~telyt/prints.htm
Leica Reflex Forum web-page:  http://www3.telus.net/~telyt/lrflex.htm