[LRflex] Re: Question about Telyt 250mm f/4.0

  • From: wildlightphoto@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 06:22:08 -0800 (GMT-08:00)

Chris L wrote:

> There are several Telyt 250mm lenses which seem to be
> going quite cheaply (at least by Leica standards). Some
> are described as "heavy" versions.  Can someone give me
> an overview of the differences between the various
> versions and how they rate them optically?

Optically, there are two versions.  The "heavy" version is the first one, with
a fixed tripod mount, using Series VIII filters, and a minimum focus distance
of 4.5 meters.  The second version uses E67 filters, has a rotating tripod
mount, and focusses as close as 1.7 meters.  The second version has three cams,
the first version may have one, two or three cams.

I have not used the old version.  Optically, the second version is very
flare-resistant and the performance in the center of the photo is good.
Chromatic abberations in the outer areas of the picture reduce image sharpness.