[LRflex] Re: Problem with LUGallery

  • From: David Young <telyt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 12:19:29 -0700

At 29/08/2006, you wrote:

>Thanks again to you.
>And very nice of him  indeed - I had a look when you posted about it ,
>but how do we tranfer the files from the old to the new one (or have
>they simply been dumped? -tranferring seems somewhat beyond my capabilities.

Hi Philippe!

Brian is doing all transfers from old to new software. I understand
that when the LUGallery reopens, it will look much as before, but
with faster response times and more capabilities, though I do not
know what they might be.  Transferring from the LUGallery to
http://leica.free-silver.org/ might be more cumbersome.... again, I
do not know the details.

>BTW:
>a) how about cabin luggage? solved?

At this moment, yes.  The British are now allowing one carry on
piece, smaller than normal, and they are allowing digital
cameras.  So long as there is not another threat, before we depart,
which causes them to ban cabin baggage again, I should be fine.

I have a small Lowepro bag (
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330023092979 )
which served very well in Costa Rica, last Christmas, with Canon's
20D, 17~85 Canon lens, 80~200 Vario & 2x converter. It is just 2cm,
in each direction, smaller than the new maximum size allowed.

I almost sold it, as it did not fit the R8, let alone the R8 with
DMR.   However, it will accept the R8 w/DMR, on it's back, provided
no lens is attached. It will also hold the lenses I wish to take as
well as the storage unit, chargers, cords, etc. Not conveniently, but they fit

For daily use, I will simply hang the camera around my neck, with a
small case (originally made for binoculars) over my shoulder for
spare batteries, cards, and other lenses. Computers, chargers, etc.,
stay at the hotel. I used this system in Thailand, and found it very
convenient.

>b) let me know if and when you're over here - it would be a pleasure to
>meet you as you know.

Xavier is looking after all Paris arrangements... Rose and I are
simply tourists!  However, I've just heard from Xavier (he's still in
India!) and he will write you, off list, to see what can be arranged.
It would be nice if we could meet and I look forward to it!

Just 15 days to go!