[LRflex] Re: Playing Catch-up - Philippe

  • From: David Young <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2010 08:42:09 -0800

Philippe wrote:

> > RE: Improbable PAW:  This shot is absolutely stunning!  I notice a
> > large amount of "lean" at the sides...
>
>114° UWA - cropped top and bottom - have you noticed it encloses the
>full rainbow? a first for me

I did, indeed, notice that.  It's one of the
things which makes the shot so spectacular!

> > which lens did you use?
>http://www.cameralabs.com/reviews/OlympusE714mm/

A most impressive optic!  Not being a "wide"
shooter, I'll settle for my 10~60mm.

> > Also, > this Alice's place?
>next door neighbour, you'll see that when you come

Don't hold your breath ... but we're working on it!

> > It really doesn't  matter... the light is
> superb and I don't see how you could have done
> > it better!
> >
>with less stess, a tripod, and closing down ...
>or an R9.2 Diesel? ;-) :-)
>
>or even better a pano with an S2 ....

Now, having played with the S2 prototype, I
cannot argue with you there!  However, for me
that may happen only if I win big, in the lotto!

As for the tripod, my experience tells me that by
the time you had that set up, the rainbow and/or
the light would have been long gone!

>Thanks for viewing and commenting David
>
>I hope Rose is finer everyday.

She is, indeed, getting better every day and is
expected to make a full recovery.  Thanks for asking.

David Young
Logan Lake, Canada.

Wildlife Photos: www.furnfeather.net
Personal Website: www.main.furnfeather.net