[LRFlex] Re: Photokina - Film Dinosaurs

  • From: "Douglas M. Sharp" <DouglasMSharp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 21:35:46 +0200

I'm no Dino, nor dead (just tired) and my British humour is alive and
kicking.

I was just terribly surprised (and only vaguely amused ) that Leica
suddenly jumps off their
ivory tower, gets off their high horse and starts something like this,
straight out of the blue.
So un-typical for that conservative horde of stodgy Solmsers.

The idea behind it IS good, it was the "legere" presentation that got
me. Are they going for the young end of the market ? If so we will have
to have an entry price Leica, both M and R. Resurrect the R-E
and the CL, both modernised and at an affordable price! A good idea ?
with a Leica Premium series
of lenses.

But maybe the Dinos died laughing ? Or became managers of camera companies.
One of the two was slow with a small brain, I can't for the life of me
remember which. :-)

(Only the small yellow ones survived the longest, by eating the remains
of the big ones. I mean the
dinosaurs of course, or what ever were you thinking.)

Douglas

Bille Xavier F. schrieb:

Douglas,

As the text says, Dino died from the lack of sense of humor. And this is true.

In fact I like this site and it goes well with the renewal of film use. Indeed, even my photographer said the amount of film processed declined, he observes (along with the marketing team of the major distributor) a revival of the film.

And the pins is really lovely. could we think of something similar for our group? What about a ..... (fill the dots).

I understand this is a bit off topic but I like to think that we should create a logo for the group. Something we can put proudly on our personnal pages to say, I'm using a Leica Reflex.

Cheers.

---------------------------------
Xavier F. BILLE
Maisons-Alfort - France.

From: "Douglas M. Sharp" <DouglasMSharp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: cvug <cvug@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, LEG <leica@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,Leica Users Group <lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,LeicaReflex <LeicaReflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, LUC <luc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,MUG <MUGers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, rflist <rflist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,Rollei <rollei@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,SLRMAN <slrman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [LRFlex] Photokina - Film Dinosaurs
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 12:16:56 +0200

Good morning all, (at least it's a.m. in Europe)

A well known company is trying a different angle on market research.

http://www.film-dinosaurier.de/index.php

Click for the English version ( the direct URL was too long),  read the
article and then click imprint and get a big surprise as
to who's behind it.
I don't know what to think of this at all, so I'll reserve judgment.
Douglas.

-- Ihre bevorzugten Shops, hilfreiche Einkaufs-Hilfen und großartige Geschenk Ideen. Erleben Sie das Vergnügen online einzukaufen mit Shop@Netscape! http://shopping.netscape.de/shopping/