[LRflex] Photo fair of Paris 2011, MHO

  • From: Bille Xavier F. <hot_billexf@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2011 21:28:42 +0200

Good Day Flexers. It's for me a great joy to roam in the photo fair in Paris,
first to discover some new models of just to put my paws on a camera/lens.
Often in shops they are quite reluctant to show their stuff! However, I had a
good time on the stand Olympus where this chap showed me the EP3:
http://xavierf.b.free.fr/Temp/salon/L1090284_dev.jpg The camera is pleasant
although a bit complex, the touch screen does not really help in the ergonomy,
I think I prefered the EP2. But the camera itself looks nice :
http://xavierf.b.free.fr/Temp/salon/L1090283_dev.jpg I suppose that the EP4
will have an integrated optical viewFinder, on the side of the camera, let's
wait 6 months to get a dwarfed Digilux3 on micro 4/3. It was sad to find out no
lenses for the four thirds, not even the E5 was presented. Sigma,
Sanyang,Tamron had no lenses for the Olympus mount. The micro fourthirds has
overtook the market. I had the surprise to discover a new provider in the
domain: http://xavierf.b.free.fr/Temp/salon/L1090280_dev.jpg For me, they were
more involved into laundry machines or Rail and Signaling products (they are a
direct competitor of Thales France, my client).  Then I went to Nikon where
they offered "clean sensor while U wait" :
http://xavierf.b.free.fr/Temp/salon/L1090287_dev.jpg And finally this chap
introduced me to the latest mirror less Nikon V1:
http://xavierf.b.free.fr/Temp/salon/L1090289_dev.jpg Without surprise, both
body and lenses are produced in China, where the Tsunami/Earthquake has not
destroyed manpower and tools....The V1 is really annoying, after a picture is
taken, an hour glass like is displayed in the electronic viewfinder. A pain,
but the EVF is on par with the GH2 by PanasonicI don't like EVF, it's a
question of habit, I guess. Finnally, I could play at a stand where they
offered lighting solutions for small objects:
http://xavierf.b.free.fr/Temp/salon/L1090290_dev.jpg All images are produced by
Digilux 3 and the Olympus 35mm Macro at full aperture. The combination is not
outdated, me think. Thanks for looking!