[LRflex] Re: PAW: Phx's 8th - Alt is now cropped

  • From: Philippe AMARD <philippe.amard@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 18:09:23 +0100

Thanks David

n° 2 and crop : I attribute the necessity for a crop to my eye getting used to the 4/3 ratio :-[ - Didier and George helped me find my 24x36 bearing back :-D n° 1 was shot at 27 mm i.e. 54 in 35mm - and the slant was probably due to the buildings being on a higher plane. I'm still dreaming of a tilt lens ... but a Leica 4/3 one.

Thanks for your kind help, I'll try my PSE skills and show the results.

Amitiés
Philippe

David Young wrote:

Philippe showed:

PAW 08 is now up at :
http://tinyurl.com/397ecq
Alternate is here :
http://tinyurl.com/2ktgu6

Good Mornin', Philippe!

I agree with Didier and George ... the revised version of your alternate is MUCH better. That being said, I still prefer the first shot.

I suspect, however, that it was taken much closer than it first appears. The buildings are exhibiting the "lean" that w/a shots have when the lens is pointed upwards. Both outside walls lean towards the center ... just a little, though it is more noticeable on the left building. This is easily corrected in Silkypix, with the "vertical" slider and it needs only a light touch.

Still, it is, to my feeble mind, the better of the two. Both, however, are very good... the second, more so, after the cropping.

Thanks, for sharing!