[LRFlex] Oops... Revised ... Not another Heron shot.

  • From: David Young <dnr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 12:59:50 -0700

Oops... Bob figured out where my shot was... but just in case somebody can't.... it's at:

http://www.horizon.bc.ca/~dnr and then click on "featured photo".

Sorry!

Hi guys!

Just back from Hornby Island. Hundreds of Bald Eagles to be seen, but I spent my time helping a friend reno a house and so had little time with my Leicas.

When I was out, the Eagles were elsewhere.... likely having lunch with the Herons!

What I did manage was a Canada Goose. Though shot with the 400mm f6.8 and a 2x converter I must admit to Art that I was crouched behind a log and rested my arm on it for extra bracing.

I could have got closer, but this was a nesting pair and I did not wish to disturb them any more than I had when I literally stumbled across them.

The shot it is not up to Doug's standards... nor even my own. But I rather liked it. In the original print, you can see the eye, sharp as a tack. However, my scanning abilities still leave something to be desired.

As always, comments, criticisms appreciated.

Thanks for looking.

David.

David Young,     | égalité, liberté,
Victoria, CANADA | fraternité et Beaujolais.

Personal Web-site at:
        http://www.horizon.bc.ca/~dnr
Leica Reflex Forum web-page:
        http://www.horizon.bc.ca/~dnr/lrflex.htm