[LRflex] Re: One Fifteen

  • From: Andy Wagner <yxandy2001@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2015 22:16:15 -0500

I second what Bill said. Gotta love the picture of the Capt. Control panel is
a very close second

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 3, 2015, at 9:40 PM, William Abbott <bill2301@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

David,

Thankfully I slept through your false alarm, the best outcome I can think of.

Glad that you remembered your camera. The Captain shot is a classic and
deserves a prominent place in The Annals of Keen Eyes and Cool Heads. It's a
stunning portrait of pro in action.

Marian and I have done the false-alarm-in-a-hotel-bit twice, once in The
Marines Memorial Hotel in San Francisco where the Leica meeting was held, and
where we met, and both were false alarms, thank heavens. All the way down the
stairs and out into the cold (it was the end of December) for what seemed
like hours but was only an hour and a half.

I have great regard for professional firemen and am glad they are on duty and
know what they are doing.

All the best,

Bill

On Apr 3, 2015, at 19:05, David Young <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

It was April Fools Day, at One-Fifteen in the morning, when it went off.
And let me tell you... the fire alarm in the Sheraton Ottawa Hotel is very,
very loud!

Of course, I'd only been asleep for roughly a half hour, so it was a rude
awakening. But I joined the others as we emptied the 17 floor hotel - to be
met by this scene...

http://www.furnfeather.net/Look/OneFifteen.html

Being a photographer at heart, I'd rescued my camera, but left my wallet &
passport in the room! (Perhaps not a good choice?)

The Ottawa fire department had three trucks here, within minutes. However,
it turned out to be a false alarm. Some dolt had decided it was too cold to
go outside and so had smoked in the stairwell, setting off the smoke
detectors!

We were out of our rooms for nearly 90 minutes whilst the firemen made sure
it truly was safe to go back to bed.

So, I had time for a couple more shots...

http://www.furnfeather.net/Look/Captain.html
http://www.furnfeather.net/Look/ControlPanel.html

I hope you sleep better!

David.