[LRflex] Re: Old slides and negatives given new life in BW - second set

  • From: Alan Kett <hspwalker@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Leica Users Group <lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, LEG <leica@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 3 Jul 2009 08:09:15 -0700 (PDT)

Douglas:

I'm a read-only guy on the forum, but I felt compelled to write, having looked
at your "time machine" images. You and I must be much of an age. I grew up in
Stockton-on-Tees in the 50's and 60's and spent my youth visiting just the same
places you did. I bicycled all over the Pennines, especially Swaledale and
Wensleydale, as a teenager and was a frequent visitor to the youth hostels
there. Whitby was a favorite destination for the Sunday family outing in the
Morris Minor, so the shots of the town resonated with me.

I wish I'd documented my youth as extensively as you did. Even the hair looks
familiar, but is, alas, a distant memory now. :)

Regards,
Alan