[LRflex] Re: OT: There Is No Free Lunch, Episode 763: Lens Adapters

  • From: David Young <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2013 14:07:40 -0700

Richard:

I have to agree with Dr. Ted.  The writings of this chap (yes, I read it all)
may be accurate, but they are irrelevant.  As Frank pointed out, 10 microns is
finer than the lens mount tolerance on any commercially made camera, be it
Leica, Canon, Nikon, Pentax, Zeiss, Alpa, etc., etc., etc.

The man was looking for  a problem; and he found it. Whoopee.

In the real world, I have used adapters for years ... and sold countless
thousands of dollars worth of photos taken with them.

Forget the numbers.  Let's see his photography, and see if he can show us just
where these images fall apart.

After all, by his logic, using a 1.4x or 2x extender on, say, a Leica R or
Nikon, or Canon (assuming extender brand & lens & camera all match) is enough
to make the combination unusable.  The real world, as proven by countless
thousands of photographers, says that's bunk.

And that's my opinion of those who pixel-peep - especially those who peep in
the extreme, as this chap does.

David.

>>> http://www.lensrentals.com/blog/2013/09/there-is-no-free-lunch-