[LRflex] OT: An M8 135mm Puzzle

  • From: Richard Ward <ilovaussiesheps@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: LeicaReflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2012 19:13:30 -0400

Hello Group,
  is anyone here familiar with the 135mm lens options for M cameras?

 I am faced with the riddle of shooting at minor league baseball games from a
fixed location with my M8. Have been to two so far shooting with a
fifty-something Elmarit 90mm that can't cope with the situation. Gametime is
7pm and I have to shoot in a harsh raking light from left to right and my aging
Elmarit can't cope with it even if stopped down to f5.6.

Looking at either a Leica 135mm Elmarit with Goggles -or- a late model ltm
Canon 135mm f3.5 with an auxilary 1.25x magnifier on my viewfinder.

Anyone know how good the Canon LTM 135 behaves in harsh raking light?
The leica 135 with goggles in same situ?

Thanks.
Richard Ward