[LRFlex] Re: OT Agfa

  • From: NATSTEK@xxxxxxx
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2004 15:02:43 EDT

Bill,

Even though I dearly love using ANY Agfa films, the Optima series, if not
kept at near ideal temperatures, can really give some unusual color results,
especially if out of date. I still have 2 rolls of CT64 slide film with
enclosed
mailers, in my freezer. I bought a brick of this film, six months before
expiration date over 20 years ago!!

I just send the film in to Agfa in NJ in the mailer, they air freight it to
Germany, process it, and air mail it back to me, all in about 5 days. The
results are great and all I have to do is send a note, acknowledging the film
to be
out of date and telling Agfa to process it anyway.

This slide film cannot be processed E-6 accurately because I've tried it and
the colors are very muddy!!

By the way, I bought the film as an as-is close-out from a small camera store
in Brooklyn, NY about 20+ years ago, for $1.00 per roll!!

Art Tafil
natstek@xxxxxxx