[LRflex] Re: New, lower cost lenses, from Leica!

  • From: "Frank Filippone" <red735i@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2007 22:46:42 -0700

We will probably never know what he real financial picture is on the lenses,
new or old.

But we definitely agree that making a lower priced line keeps new users
thinking about purchasing new rather than used, and it does bring in a new
clientele.

The M8 is a success, but it only means something as long as they are selling
to it new users that buy more lenses.  They make money from lenses, not
digi-cameras / any camera.  ( yes, controversial).

Now if they would just get up off their &^^%$ and offer the greatest R
lenses in mount for N or C or 4/3, THEN they can make even more money.

In the meantime, I will enjoy my M6TTL and my M lenses, as well as my Nikon
F4 with a Telyt adapter.

Oh, did I forget to include the word FILM?

Frank Filippone
red735i@xxxxxxxxxxxxx