[LRflex] Re: Motorcycle Tour Picture on a very rainy day.

  • From: David Young <telyt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2007 18:03:42 -0700

At 16/06/2007, you wrote:

>Bonjour la Gang.
>
>It's a wink made with a Digilux 3 and a Summicron 35mm, close distance (the
>minimum that is)
>
>http://xavierf.b.free.fr/Temp/_1030567co.jpg

A good test shot, Xavier ... lots of colours and textures.  I feel,
as you do, that the reproduction is very good....   But look as I
might, I could not find the motorcycle in your photo! ;-)

>Amazingly, it is better to set the mode film to Standard when using the
>Reflex Lens. The JPEGs out of the box are better.

How are the jpegs compared to a well developed RAW image?

>The Leica News letter I received today speaks of the Adaptor Reflex lens to
>4/3. They advertise it as a craftman product made in Germany....

This is a Leica built piece, and I understand that the first lot of
1000 sold out very quickly.  US price was rumoured to be $225, but I
do not know this, for sure.

Howard got to handle (fondle?) a prototype, at the last
Photokina.  (I only got to see it, from about 3 meters away!)

Can you give us any insight into the differences between the Leica
and the various Chinese adapters, Howard?